Ozymandias (My favorite poem) by Percy Bysshe Shelley

"And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'"
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Adventure begins again

Over my first month of college I've come to the conclusion that there will be no writing of my book while i am here.  There is just no time at all. 
College kills creativity.  When i go to bed i used to stay away for a long time thinking out sections of my book, now all i can manage to do is get comfortable before i fall asleep.  Not only that but there is just a sense of deadness to everything that being inspired to write is out of the question.
The only times so far that i have been able to get anything down on paper was after a weekend at home where i was automatically excited to write and figured out how to fix the beginning of my book!

Last time i had posted my book was done........ almost anyway.  Now it's back to square one.  I decided it wasn't good enough.  So i rethought it and now i have started over.  I will still use some sections from my first draft, but the story will start earlier than the first draft.

The story takes place about 5000 years in the future.  Many different planets have been colonized and the races of Earth have all mixed together so tightly that there is no differentiation for any particular race any more.  Except for a a group of people known as Silver Eyes.  They originated as Greeks, descended from the Greek Gods.  So while the main character looks mostly Greek (except for the eyes) everyone else has mixed features.
For my own purposes i'm going to describe Izzy briefly.
She is very short and thin, petite but leanly muscular.  Dark dark dark thick medium length wavy hair.  Slightly oriental shaped eyes.  Very pale but olive toned skin.  And her brother has blond hair and darker olive toned skin.  Both have silver eyes. duh.

When colonization first started, Japan was the first to enter deep space.  Having just been allowed a military again, due to the situational on Earth.  They took the opportunity to used their advanced technology to be the first to colonize.  Because of that much of the culture and language is Japanese. 

The future of the human race turned more and more militaristic so that at the point the story begins, kids go away to some form of military school at the age of twelve.

This is where i decided to begin my story.  At the main character, Izzy's graduation test. 

The next thing i have to think about is the different planets, races, and customs.  Because all though the Earth countries and cultures are mere history that only the libraries know,  the planets developed their own cultures. 

The next thing I'll turn my sights on is the Navitas Vinculum race, or Navis. 

I will do my best to over come the overwhelming presence of college and fight my way to the end of what will hopefully be an awesome book!



No comments:

Post a Comment