Ozymandias (My favorite poem) by Percy Bysshe Shelley

"And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'"
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Adventure Begins

I've always loved writing more than anything else (except band) and when i finally had an idea to really work with.... i jump in it. 
My idea began with a girl who could control the elements and it took off from there. 
Did you ever think about what super power you would have if you could have one? I DID! and mine was that i would control the elements.  So Isabelle Speed (my main character) gets to do what i wish i could.  Along with more than i would ever want to.
Next i had to give her friends and family, because creating characters is FUN
She became the Captain of the ship The Excavator that she had inherited from her father.  And her crew became my main characters. 
I started writing.
This book really started out as a short story, but as i wrote i saw potential and i started thinking that maybe i could actually write a book.  The short story became the first chapter to the book and i went from there. 
Now i needed a more developed plot than what id been fantasizing about.  I needed villains, struggle, adventure, love, strength, epicness.
I now have my fully developed ideas with just a few holes that i need to fix up.  In fact, i have the whole first rough draft done of my book because i started this blog a little late.  OOPS. oh well.
My journey has begun, and although i am a bit farther along the actual path than this blog entry says, i still have many challenges to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment